Rapid technological development has introduced new innovations that are changing every aspect of how we live nowadays. It’s safe to assume that practically every industry has been affected by technological innovation and one area that’s changed is the way payments are made.
Contactless payments have steadily been on the rise in the past few years and an increasing number of merchants and sellers continue to switch to this payment method. Introducing digital payments to people’s lives is not the easiest method to do since many individuals do not trust sharing their account details on the internet.
Google has come up with a payment method that can easily be integrated with a user’s smartphone and makes online payments possible safely and securely. Google Pay is one of the best ways to make contactless payments with ease and continue daily transactions without any hassle.
Several reasons why Google pay is the new way to make payments:
- Use encryption to ensure the security of your card and account details. Your card details are never saved entirely on your phone or even shared with merchants you pay. It instead provides a virtual account number to merchants to ensure your payments are made with ease and security. By providing such a safe and secure platform for all transactions, Google Pay offers the best option among similar payment apps.
- It allows you to have a collective platform for all your card types. Whether it is a credit or debit card, gift, reward cards, etc., they are all saved in a single place. It makes it easier to make payments through one platform even when it is through multiple different sources. This level of comfort and convenience ensures that Google Pay enjoys a tremendous amount of customer satisfaction.
- No transaction fee is undoubtedly one of the best reasons to opt for Google Pay. You only have a 2.9% charge on your credit card transaction, but the rest is without cost. These minimal charges make the process much more efficient, and you end up paying no additional external charges while making payments to multiple vendors. This lack of external fees ensures that cheap transaction costs encourage many consumers and clients to use it for all their payment needs.
How to use Google Pay?
Is Google Pay the future, and how is it used? Here’s what we think:
Set up an account: To create your Google pay account, you have to go to the Google pay website and register your details. This involves your details and are then stored in an encrypted and secure server where anyone can access it until you conduct a transaction.
- Set up the app: To gain access to Google Pay through your mobile, you need to download at the app and log in with your account. This log in will link your details with your device hence making your transactions extremely simple, buy just a click of a button along with the use of a very secured password.
- Make your payments: Once everything is set up, you can easily make payments to anyone. Whether it is to a merchant to buy something or transfer money to family and friends, even pay your bill! It is all possible through the simple app on your mobile phone.
What are the drawbacks?
The problem with using Google Pay is that not all mobile phones support it. In fact, only recent phones with NFC functionality are compatible with Google Pay. Apart from this, there are many stores that accept limited types of digital payments, such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Amazon Pay, and Klarna, but they may not accept Google Pay. Additionally, using Google Pay creates a heavy dependence on your mobile phone, so if your phone’s not on you or it’s out of battery, then it can end up being a huge inconvenience.
Google Pay is the future of what is rapidly becoming a completely digital world. The platform enables people to make transactions safely and securely make payments wherever they are required to do so. By providing all kinds of payment solutions in one app, this hassle-free solution to all transaction headaches might just be the right answer.