You’ve probably seen people using the abbreviation term PM to define personal or private messages. It’s a quick mode to interact with other people, and this type of communication results in the transmission of a message only the recipient can read.
Do you wish to send a message to your friend on Facebook? There’s no need to post it publicly. All you have to do is to send them a personal message.
Our step by step guide will teach you how to PM on Facebook through your phone and computer.
On a smartphone app
Steps to observe when using Facebook on the phone
- On your smartphone, open the Facebook app and log in to your Facebook account.
- Click the profile icon on the very top of the app
- Once you’ve successfully opened your profile, scroll down to your friend’s list, and click the friends account you wish to PM.
- Click the message icon immediately on your friend’s profile. This will open a personal chatbox.
- Here it comes, click on the highlighted box at the bottom to send a private message to your friend.
- Type what you want to say and hit the send icon. The person will receive the message once you click the send icon.
On laptop or computer
Facebook is quite different when using a PC. So here are the steps to PM on PC,
- Log in to your account on Facebook.com; you will find a friends list on the page below your contacts’ right-side pane. If your friend has a green dot beside their name, they are currently offline.
- When you click a contact, a pop up will be displayed on the bottom. Type your message in that box and click the send option.
On Facebook Messenger
- You can also send a message through the website’s chat application displayed on the top right of the page.
- Type a friend’s name in the search bar and select a friend’s name from the result. Type the message and hit the send option.
- Facebook always prioritizes your privacy. You may limit your availability to certain friends and family. However, this kind of chat is always kept confidential.