Many of us have spent a lot of time on Instagram. If you have, then you probably know about Instagram live videos. Instagram Live is a feature that allows IG users to broadcast videos, allowing followers to enjoy the video in real-time.
It’s pretty easy to watch live videos using a smartphone. However, enjoying Instagram Live on PC is a different story. It’s possible but requires some extra effort!
A little heads-up, though! Logging in to your Instagram account using a PC won’t help you.
Regardless of whether you’re using a PC or Mac, there are limited options to watch Instagram Live videos. Most of the time, though, you should watch these live videos using your smartphone due to its convenience.
To watch Instagram Live on your PC, you need an extension on your Chrome browser. Currently, there’s only one extension on Chrome that allows you to watch IG Live: “Stories for Instagram.” With this extension, you can download videos and easily view others’ stories as well.
A quick note: The feature of downloading live videos is limited to Windows only. Mac users don’t have this facility.
How to Watch – Step by Step Instructions
Follow these easy steps to enjoy Instagram Live from your PC.
Download the Extension
- Go to the Chrome web store from your Google Chrome browser.
- Search for “Stories for Instagram“
- Click on “Add to Chrome” to add it as an extension.
- A confirmation pop-up will come up on your screen.
- Click on “Add Extension.”
Watching Instagram Live Video
- Go to Instagram.com from your Google Chrome browser on your PC.
- Make sure the extension is on and working.
- If anyone you’re following is sharing a live video, it will appear on the page’s top-left side.
- A simple Instagram story has a colorful circle, whereas the live video also has a play button.
- Click on the one with the play button.
- A new browser tab will open, allowing you to watch the live video stream.
Downloading Instagram Live Video
- To download the Instagram live video, the initial steps will be the same.
- Once the live video is opened in a new browser, hover over it.
- On the top left side of your PC screen, you’ll find the option of Download.
- Click it and save it to your PC.
Missed your friend’s live video? Don’t worry; you can still view it. Click on the “eye” icon on your friend’s profile. This way, you can view their previous live videos easily.
Note: The previous videos are available in your friend’s stories section. Visit their Instagram handle to check them out!
The bottom line
Follow these easy steps to enjoy watching Instagram Live videos from your PC as well. Don’t have your smartphone to watch it? No sweat! Just download the extension and enjoy the live video.
Remember, Stories for Instagram extension works great for watching live videos. Through it, you can enjoy seamless streaming. For normal usage on the PC, simply login to your Instagram account without using the extension.