Discord is one of the most popular American patent freeware instant messaging applications. It is a VoIP application and a leading digital distribution platform designed to create and discuss communities such as gamers, educators, and business people.
The platform specializes in image, video, text, and audio communication among users through a chat channel. As per the 2019 Statista report, there are 250 million registered users on the Discord platform.
If you desire to manage the platform effectively, it is crucial to understand the algorithm and control the conversations. It helps in managing the toxicity and harassment online. Yes, even on such a professional platform, you will find many trolls and abusive language.
By blocking them, you can prevent such trolls and harassers from directly engaging with you. A blocking option is a useful tool that comes in handy to silence the voice of such people. But if you are inclined to mend a relationship and extend a hand for friendship to someone you previously blocked, you can easily unblock them.
How to unblock people on Discord
The guide is for desktop and mobile application users.
Unblocking via PC
When you have blocked someone, all of their messages will be hidden.
- Click on the “Blocked Message” tab
- Click on “Show Message” to reveal the message
- Once the message is revealed, right-click on the username
- Now click on “Unblock,” and you are ready to chat again
Unblocking via mobile app
On mobile, the process is a bit different.
- Click on “Blocked Message” hidden behind a grey bar
- Search for the person you blocked from the list
- Click on the picture that will instantly take you to their Discord profile
- To unblock them, click three dots on the right side of the screen