Instagram, like all other applications, has a simple sign-in process. And the best part is that you remain signed in until you choose to sign out. This makes the application easily accessible at all times.
However, such applications are a little tricky to sign out of. Usually, you don’t need to sign out of applications on your phone and personal computers; it is still safe to do so if the phone is stolen or gets lost. The same goes for laptops.
Steps to log out of Instagram on your mobile device
- Open the Instagram application on your phone.
- Tap the profile button (icon of one person) on the bottom left corner of the homepage.
- Tap on the menu button (3 horizontal lines) on the top right corner.
- A pop-up menu will appear. Tap the Settings option, which will be at the bottom.
- Another screen will appear. Scroll down to the bottom until you see Logout. Tap on it.
- A pop-up box will appear, which will give you two options. Either to ‘Remember’ your login information when you open Instagram again or ‘Not now’, meaning Instagram will be prevented from remembering your login information, and you will have to input the details again. Tap on your preferred choice.
- Another pop-up box will appear after you make your choice, confirming your logout. Tap on ‘Logout.’
The same steps can be followed for iPads and tablets. Instead of scrolling down for Settings, the only difference is that the option will be the first one.
Signing out of Instagram on your desktop is relatively easier.
Steps to log out of Instagram on your computer/laptop
- Open Instagram on your browser.
- Move the cursor to the profile button (your profile picture) on the top right corner.
- A drop-down menu will show ‘Logout’ at the bottom. Click on it.
- A pop-up screen will appear confirming your logout. Click on ‘Logout.’