The app’s color scheme is changed to a darker setting in Dark Mode (also known as night mode). Dark Mode is also called night mode or bedtime mode; if you intend to stay up late with lights off, this is the display setting most suitable for you. Facebook, Twitter, and many other popular apps allow you to enable Dark Mode. We will tell you in this article how to get dark mode on Snapchat!
Unfortunately, not all apps include a night mode; some of the most well-liked ones still lack this helpful function.
No matter what other apps can do, here’s how to get dark mode Snapchat.
How can I enable Snapchat’s dark mode?
Just a few weeks after Apple added a dark mode choice to iOS, Snapchat, the popular picture messaging and social media software, released a dark mode option for iOS/iPhone in October 2019. Use it as follows.
Method 1: Via the Snapchat settings
- Step 1: Click your “Bitmoji” in the top left corner to access your Snapchat profile.
- Step 2: In the top right corner, click the “Gear Icon” (Settings).
- Step 3: Select “App Appearance” by scrolling down.
- Step 4: Choose “Always Dark” in step four.
How can I activate Snapchat’s dark mode on Android?
In iOS, it is easy to figure out how to get dark mode Snapchat, but sadly, Snapchat hasn’t made Dark Mode available for Android users, however, they consistently update everything else.
Since “Dark Mode” first launched on iOS/iPhone roughly three years ago, it is probably safe to assume that it won’t be coming to Android any time soon.
Nevertheless, depending on where they are in the world and if they are using the beta version, some users might have access to Dark Mode.
Maybe Snapchat found a problem that they can’t seem to fix. The answer is unknown.
Snapchat for Android may not natively support Dark Mode, but you can take a different approach.
Method 2: Forced dark mode in Android is how to get dark mode Snapchat
Many Android phones allow you to impose dark mode for installed apps, particularly if the app doesn’t already have it.
We discovered the feature on devices made by OnePlus (OxygenOS 12, based on ColorOS), Oppo, Realme, and Vivo.
Here’s how to get dark mode Snapchat in the Android version of the Snapchat app.
- Step 1. Launch the Settings app on your Android device.
- Step 2. Select Display & Brightness in step 2.
- Step 3. Select the Dark Mode settings to link here.
- Step 4. Select Dark Mode for outside apps (beta)
- Step 5. Locate the Snapchat option and turn it on.
- Step 6. When prompted, select Turn On to activate Snapchat’s dark mode.
If the aforementioned solution doesn’t work on your phone, you can force dark mode through developer options to achieve a dark black theme on your Snapchat app (especially on older phones running Android 11). This is how you do it:
However, you must first activate Developer Options: Access Settings > About Device. In order to enable Developer Options, press the Build number seven times.
- Step 1: Launch the Settings app on your Android device.
- Step 2: Select Developer Options under System Settings.
- Step 3: Switch it on. Enable the Override force dark toggle by scrolling down.
- Step 4: Check to see if the Snapchat app has dimmed yet by opening it.
Method 3: Using a Smart Inverter
Invert Colors is usually quickly accessible on Android devices via the fast settings tile.
Tap the Edit button to see if it’s available if you can’t find it. If not, proceed as described below.
- Step 1: Access your phone’s settings.
- Step 2: Click Accessibility in the System Settings menu.
- Step 3: Choose Inversion of Color. Activate the toggle.
Most users who change to a darker theme find that it increases their device’s battery life.
Using a lighter one is not the best option when trying to save battery life because it requires more battery to power the vibrant colors.