Everyone wants to have Office 365 solutions for their business as well as personal usage. In this guide today, we’ll cover how you can download the Office 365 offline installer. This way, you can enjoy seamless services either for personal or professional uses.
We’re going to cover how to download the offline installer of Office 365 for personal use. Then we’ll cover how to download it for business usage. For business purposes, it’ll cover the Office deployment tool and then Office 365 offline installer.
Office Offline Installer for “Personal” Use
- The first and the foremost step is to open office.com
- Once the login page is loaded, click on the “Sign In” option.
- Enter the email address you desire to use for your Office 365 subscription.
- Click “Next” to proceed.
- On the “Enter Password” page, type your account password, and then click “Sign In” to continue.
- Once logging into the account is complete, click the “Install Office” option next to the “My Account” tag.
- A new page will open in another browser tab. Click on the “Install Office” option.
- “Download and Install Office 365 Personal” dialog box will pop-up.
- Now click “Other Options” on the right side of the popped box.
- A new pop-up will appear. Check the “Download an Offline Installer” box to proceed.
- Now to download the Office 365 Offline Installer, click on the “Download” option.
- Finally, save the installer to your preferred location on your computer.
Office Offline Installer for “Business” Users – Office Deployment Tool
- Visit Microsoft Download Center to download the Office Deployment Tool.
- Once the URL is loaded, click on the “Download” option.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to save the file to your computer.
- Enter the “File Name” in the pop-up and click “Save” to continue.
- Now open the location of the file where you have just saved it.
- Double click the file to open it.
- Click on the “User Account Control” option and then hit the “Yes” button.
- “The Microsoft Office 2016 Click-to-Run Administrator Tool” will appear where you will check the box to accept the license agreement.
- Click on the “Continue” button once you have accepted the agreement.
- Select a location in your laptop or PC to extract the setup file and click the “Ok” option.
- Once you receive the confirmation that the files have been extracted, click “Ok.”
- Check that your extracted file has setup.exe and all the necessary XML files in it.
Office Offline Installer for “Business” Users – Office 365
Once you’ve downloaded the Office Deployment Tool, and have extracted it into your system, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Copy the following path:
<Add SourcePath=”C:\O365\OfflineInstaller” OfficeClientEdition=”32″>
<Language ID=”en-us” />
- Now paste the copied path in a text file and modify it as:
- SourcePath: It is the path where you want to save your offline installer of Office 365. The format that has to be followed would be \\ServerName\ShareName
- OfficeClientEdition: Modify this section and replace it with 64-bits from 32-bits if you want to download the 64-bits version of Office 365
- Language ID: Here, if you want to download Office 365 in some other language, then modify it to the language you prefer. For instance, if you opt to download Office 365 offline installer in UK English, than modify it to “en-GB.” For Canadian English, type “en-CA,” etc.
- Once you’re done with the modifications, save the file in an XML format.
- Click the file option on the top left corner and select the “Save As” option. Save the file name in “yourpreferredname.xml” format.
- Make sure the file is saved in XML format only.
- Open the “Command Prompt” and type the following:
SETUP /download [path to configuration file]
SETUP with complete path address to the setup file you downloaded previously
[path to configuration file] with complete path address to the file you created in the previous step. This path must contain the file extension.
- Now, type the following command to complete:
setup.exe /download downloadoffice365offline.xml
- The offline installer will automatically start downloading.
- Open the folder you earlier specified as “Source Path” in the XML file to confirm the installation.