Owning a Discord server is very useful. To delete a Discord server, there are a few simple steps. Before deleting the Discord server, ensure that you are entirely sure that you want to delete it. You can delete the server that is inactive and useless for now. You can also opt to delete when too many extra and strange visitors are visiting. Here are simple steps to delete.
Deleting a Discord server by desktop
- Open the Discord in the desktop app and click on the server that you intend to delete
- Select the server by clicking on it
- There is a list of options under the name of the server. Click on the “server setting” button present in the top-down menu
- On the left side, at the end of the sidebar, there is an option of “delete the server.” Click on this option
- A pop-up window will appear, which asks for confirmation. Confirm by entering the name of the server and authentication code. The authentication code is required when in case you have enabled the two-factor authentication in the server.
- Click on the delete server to confirm.
Deleting servers from the mobile app
- Open the Discord app on an iPhone or Android phone.
- Swipe to the left of the screen to open the sidebar
- Select the server you want to delete by clicking on it. A pop-up screen will appear.
- At the bottom of the screen, there is an icon of the setting. Click on that icon.
- Click the option of overview
- Look at the very bottom of the page overview; there is an option of “delete server” click on that option.
- The pop-up screen will ask for confirmation. Click yes to confirm that you want to proceed with the process.
- If you have already enabled two-factor authentication, it will ask for the six-digit authentication code. Enter the code and confirm you want to delete it.
And your server has been deleted by following these simple steps.