Apple revolutionized Bluetooth earphones with the invention of Airpods. It not only is compatible with listening to music, but gamers have also benefited from using them while streaming or playing games. However, it is often asked can you connect Airpods to Ps4?
PlayStation 4 does not have a built-in Bluetooth system. To connect your Apple Airpods to your PlayStation 4 you will be needing a Bluetooth transmitting adapter to connect to your console system. Plug the adapter into the USB port of your console and then search for it on your Airpods to connect. You will however be unable to speak to your friends via the Airpods.
Airpods have been remarkable for gamers as it’s now easier for them to play without worrying about wire tangles or any other entanglement with the console or joystick. With a Bluetooth system, it is also much easier to move about. Setting up Airpods on your ps4 however, is tricky. Let us look at how you can connect your Airpods to ps4.
How to Connect Airpods to PS4?
If you are someone who uses Airpods and also plays games on a ps4, then you have for once thought of connecting your Airpods to your console. With PS4 or PS5 not having a built-in Bluetooth system, can you connect Airpods to a PS4 controller is a big question, however it is possible. Here are the steps to follow to know how you can connect your Airpods to your PS4.
- Get yourself a Bluetooth adapter system. This device helps you make a bypass connection to stereo systems that do not have Bluetooth transmitters installed. Make sure the adapter is a USB device or else you will not be able to use it on your PS4.
- Once you have the adapter ready, simply plug it into your PS4 console using its USB input. It is the same port you use to charge your joysticks or connect and play.
- Once you connect the adapter, it will automatically start to transmit Bluetooth. Look for a switch on the device if it does not light up when plugged into your PS4 console.
- Set the adapter on to pairing mode. Now that you have your adapter working, move on to setting up your Airpods to connect.
- To begin pairing your Airpods, open your Airpods lid. Make sure you have both the earphones set inside or else it will not connect to the adapter.
- Press and hold the button on your Airpods to sync with the Bluetooth adapter. Keep holding the sync button until the devices have paired.
- On your ps4 now go over to settings and navigate Audio Devices. Change your output devices from ” Output to headphones ” to ” Output to all audio”
- Your Airpods are now paired and ready to use.
Can You Connect Airpods to PS4 Without Adapter?
Now that we have established how to use your Airpods on your PlayStation 4 console we know that in order to listen to your games’ Airpods you need a Bluetooth adapter. However, some may not wish to use an adapter or fail to find a proper one in the market. In that case, can you connect Airpods to Ps4 without an adapter?
Here is how you can try and connect your Airpods to your PS4 or PS5 console without an adapter.
- Turn on your Playstation 4 console and connect your controllers.
- Once you have everything set, you will now be required to sign in to your PSN (PlayStation Network) account from your PS4.
- You will now require the use of a smartphone. Whether it’s an Apple iPhone or Android, the application we are looking for is both available on Google Play and AppStore. Open your application store page and search up ” PS Remote Play”
- Once you have downloaded the app “PS RemotePlay” on your device, log on to your PlayStation Network account from the application.
- After logging into your account from your device, your phone will start to Search for your PlayStation console. This might take up some time, do not log out of your device. Wait patiently till it finds your PlayStation 4 console to connect with.
- After the connection is established, you will now be able to connect your controllers to your phone device. Go to Bluetooth settings and search for the PlayStation.
- Press the ‘Share’ button on the controller to activate share mode on your remote play After doing this your controller will show up on the Bluetooth available list to pair with on your device.
- You can now connect your Airpods to your smartphone as usual and use them to listen to your games remotely happening on your device from your PlayStation4.
- Connect your Airpods to the usual way of opening the lid of your holder. If your device is already paired to your device, then it will connect automatically. If your Airpods are newly being paired, hold the sync button, and wait for it to connect to your device.
Can You Connect Airpods and Chat with Online friends?
You will be unable to chat with your online gamer friends while using Airpods on your PS4. With PlayStation not having a built-in Bluetooth transmitting system we use an adapter to get the job done.
However, while the adapter is ensuring the transmission of audio it cannot enable your mic to speak into and reach your online friends.
You will listen to all your gamer friends and all the action that is going on in the game fine, but you will be unable to participate verbally in it sadly. In order to play games where you can openly communicate with your streaming friends, you must revert to using your old headphones which have a microphone installed.
You can learn more about PlayStations, Airpods and much more on our website.
Now you know whether or not can you connect airpods to ps4. To connect your Apple Airpods to your PlayStation 4 you will need a Bluetooth transmitting adapter or use RemotePlay to connect to your console system.
The Bluetooth adapter helps you make connections to stereo systems that do not have Bluetooth transmitters installed. For RemotePlay download the app on your device to connect your Airpods to your PS4.